Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Today, I had to take my grandmother to the physician. She has been expierencing constant chest pain. I know that something was not quite right when I awoken to a message from her on our answering maching asking me to phone her periodically through out the day to check on her.

Now, when she phones and asks that to be done I know instantly something is not right. She Never does that. After phoning her and asking her some questions I knew she needed to be seen by someone right away, Mark is a family physician but as he agreed she needed to get in to her cardiologist. So, I phoned them and was giving the run around. Claiming they could not see her until...... July 28th. How fucked up is that!!!. So, I told them to make room cause we were coming anyway and she was going to be seen. And that they did. 10:45 am she was sitting in the exam room. When dealing with your health always remember that an appointment is never really needed. If you walk into a physician's office with an emergency they can NOT turn you away. By law they have to see you. They diagnosed her with Plueresy, which as anyone knows is extremely painful. Basically, there is not enough fluid between your interstitial tissues and the lungs are rubbing together dryly.

While in the waiting room I ran into a patient I once took care of. She asked how I had been and etc. I filled her in on being a parent and my life. It was nice to hear an ex patient say how much they valued my nursing care and how I am missed. It was quite nice. It was nice to spend time with my grandmother. Usually one to be so judgemental and out spoken against me. The day ended in "Thank you and Love You's". It was quite nice

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home