Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Geri Halliwells new album (Is it cool to even say album anymore? Is it now CD?) PASSION made its debut into stores on June 6th. Sadly,mid week charts expect it to enter in at a disheartening # 36. Only selling thus far 1,700 copies.
I'm not really sure what has happened here. RIDE IT entered into the UK Top 40 at #4. Then, for reasons beyond rationalization, BBC RADIO 1 refused to add the follow up single DESIRE to their playlist. Having it then enter into the charts at #22.
I have a really bad taste in my mouth about all this. I have gone on and on in the past how I think (thought) the UK have/had far better taste in music than here in the States. I wonder now, how in the HELL an animated frog doing a mobile tune can manage to capture a #1 chart position when actual real human beings manage mediocre chart positions. Disgusting.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

* NOTE: 06/15/05... Geri Halliwell's Passion entered the charts at #41

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home