Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sylvia

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I love music. I always have. My music preferences range wildly. I can tolerate all minus rap. I have never gotten into that at all. I was born and raised on country music. Country music from the 1970's and early 80's. I can remember as a child, listening to my mother sing while she was in the kitchen. Either cooking or cleaning and she had this little white radio that she would sit on the window sill (so the antenna would actually pick up) tuned into the local C & W station. The music of Loretta Lynn, Charly McClain, Conway Twitty and Dolly Parton filled the air. As I grew older, I began discovering my own like's and dislikes of singers. One of the first singers I began enjoying was the Country singer Sylvia. She was not only beautiful, but had a voice as pure as any C & W singer of that era. Sadly, everyone seems to only remember her # 1 single Nobody, but fail to realize she had many other hits besides that of Nobody . Namely Drifter her first # 1.

Drifter MP3

1 Comments:

Blogger Thomas said...

Sylvia! YES! I was just telling M last week about your love for Sylvia. You really should make me a copy of your Sylvia comp, you know. ;) Email me sometime, Ronnie... I'd love to chat more than we can in these Comment boxes! (i.e. we need to trade phone numbers!)

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home